Got a question?

Got a question? If you're wondering if I've ever "been to X", "bought Y", "used Z".....leave a comment and if I've done it I'll give you my opinion. Feel free to ask!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses - NOT RECOMMENDED

I purchased a pair of regular, progressive lens glasses and a pair of sunglasses (also progressive lens) from America's Best.  I am compelled to submit this opinion because I've never had such poor quality glasses!

The lenses on the regular pair scratch very easily.  I was so disappointed and felt sure that there was simply an incidental quality problem with them that I had no qualms about going back to America's
Best and asking for a new pair.  After much back and forth - me being told that I scratched them by washing them incorrectly, and me getting more and more frustrated - the woman who was helping me finally agreed to give me a new pair free of charge.  Honestly, the lenses looked like someone had taken steel wool to them.  At first I thought I was starting to get cataracts.  But one day the glasses were just so bad that I knew it wasn't my eyesight.

The representative told me that the glasses could only be cleaned with water or a cleaning solution and a soft cloth. So for example those microfiber lens cloths that everyone else sells couldn't be used.  Also can't use soap on them.  What??!!  I've worn glasses for literally 55 years - and have never, ever, had this kind of scratching problem.

So I got my new pair - and guess what?  One year later and there are so many scratches and smudges that need soap that I can't stand to wear them. I've been using pre-moistened cloths because I can't stand the smudges.

Adding to this quality problem is the fact that I've had these glasses adjusted 3 times including the when I first picked them up.  I know it's due to the lack of knowledge, experience, training, etc. of the technicians. They were all very pleasant but don't know what they are doing.  The glasses seem to fit while I'm there, but a few days later they don't. They are very ill-fitting, never had this problem either!

I didn't realize that the quality of the lenses could vary like this.  And these are obviously at the bottom of the quality ratings.  Two thumbs down for America's Best (if I had four thumbs I'd add the other two in on this rating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment