Got a question?

Got a question? If you're wondering if I've ever "been to X", "bought Y", "used Z".....leave a comment and if I've done it I'll give you my opinion. Feel free to ask!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Macy's Bridal Shop - Downtown Minneapolis, MN, March 26 2011

Macy's Bridal Shop - Downtown Minneapolis, MN:  I am looking for a mother-of-the-bride dress, and have done a lot of looking on-line and a bit in stores.  Today I made a full-out effort to try on dresses.  I first looked in the store's general dress area and the Oval Room - didn't find anything that caught my eye.  I dropped in at their bridal shop - I didn't have an appointment.  I was allowed to browse the rack, and when I found a few dresses that I liked, a consultant scheduled an appointment for later in the afternoon.  Worked out perfectly because I was with my daughter and we were planning to create a bridal registry first.

I returned to try on the dresses - really liked a couple of them.  My consultant was very professional yet friendly and warm.  She did a great job of making the dresses appear to fit me so I got a good idea of how they might look when altered.  The price tags were a bit staggering - I asked if there were any discounts available.  She checked with the manager who agreed that if I purchased by 6pm on 3/27, I could receive a 10% discount.  I don't plan to buy right away and want to look some more, so I won't be taking advantage of the discount.  But I appreciated that they were willing to give one.

All-in-all, I had fun trying on the dresses, my consultant was great, and I now have 2 dresses that I know I'd be satisfied with in terms of how they looked on me.  Price may be a deterrent.  Thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment