Got a question?

Got a question? If you're wondering if I've ever "been to X", "bought Y", "used Z".....leave a comment and if I've done it I'll give you my opinion. Feel free to ask!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

DIY Manicure - Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Yes, the time has come to start being manicure savvy - with Sally Hansen Salon Effects real nail polish strips!  There is zero dry time, you just peel & apply, and it lasts 14 days, for the low price of $8.54 at Target (they're $10 at Ulta, so don't purchase there).  The package says that it lasts up to 10 days, but I've had luck with it even through 14.  I'm currently wearing a flower pattern that I've had on for 15 days and the most noticeable "wear" is just the growth of my nails.  I wore my first ones on our honeymoon in the Caribbean - they went through all of the travel, saltwater, sun, sand, etc. and I had them on for more than 10 days before they even chipped noticeably. 

I've gotten countless compliments on the couple of styles I've tried and tonight I will put on the "Not a Peep" pattern of little birds all over.  It's a fun, temporary way to express yourself on your nails at the fraction of the cost of a salon manicure!

Things to keep in mind:
  • Make sure your nails are clean and dry
  • Be sure to push your cuticles back to get the longest wear time and show less growth
  • Apply when your hands are warm (something about this helps adhere them to your nails better)
And that's about it!  It takes no more time to apply than it does to coat your nails with nailpolish and dry time.  You want glitter?  They've got it.  You want plaid, polka dot, flowers, butterflies, solids?  They've got it. 

What are you waiting for?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment