Got a question?

Got a question? If you're wondering if I've ever "been to X", "bought Y", "used Z".....leave a comment and if I've done it I'll give you my opinion. Feel free to ask!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nye's Restaurant Minneapolis; Groupon - April 21 2012

I purchased a Groupon for Nye's on April 20, 2012.  It just so happened that we were going to celebrate my son's and son-in-law's birthdays at Nye's, and the same day we decided where to go, a Groupon for this place came up.  I bought two - 1 for myself, 1 for my husband.  To my disappointment - I didn't notice until I printed them out that you can only use 1 per table.  When I called Nye's to make reservations (table for 9) I asked if I could use both.  She advised that they are very strict on that and would only allow me to use one at the table.  She said I could use it at the table, and then afterwards go to the piano bar or the bar and use it there.

My husband and I arrived first - about 20 minutes early, followed by a few others in the party.  We were able to use the first Groupon in the bar before dinner.  The drinks were spendy - but not unexpected.  And drinker beware - the martinis are very boozy.  Even the fruity, sweet ones - very strong.  My daughter who likes Appletinis could barely drink hers here.

Dinner was great.  As they always do, they brought the relish dish to start (celery, pickles, carrots, pasta shells (this was different), green onion.  My son was celebrating a big milestone birthday and ordered the 16 oz. lobster.  He said it was great.  (My husband, I and friends used to come to Nye's many years ago for their full-pound lobster tail that never disappointed.  It didn't this time either.)  Grandsons had sandwiches that were very large - walleye and Rueben - they thought were good.  Two had the special - 8 oz. filet (beef) with pierogi (neither were that impressed with the pierogi).  One had a Polish plate - sausage on a bed of sauerkraut with a variety of pierogi.  One flavor of pierogi was prune - and he really liked it with the sour cream.  Between the rest of us we had prime rib, broiled shrimp and liver.  All were very good.  If you like liver - this is a great place to have it.  All in all - our meal met expectations, and while expensive - we knew that coming in.  And I used the Groupon without incidence.  Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment