Got a question?

Got a question? If you're wondering if I've ever "been to X", "bought Y", "used Z".....leave a comment and if I've done it I'll give you my opinion. Feel free to ask!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Madame Butterfly - Ordway - April 22, 2012

Went to the matinee showing of the Madame Butterfly opera.  First of all, there wasn't a bad seat in the house at the Ordway.  The opera itself was performed beautifully - but had it not been for the sub-titles/captions I would have been lost.  This was my first opera - and I came totally ignorant except for the basic story line.

There was a very long silent, no-movement scene that dragged on forever.  But aside from that  it was very beautiful and the last scene where Butterfly says good-bye to her young son and commits suicide brought on the tears.

The Ordway is a wonderful venue, with easy access and fairly convenient parking.  I always park at the St. Hotel/Landmark Tower parking ramp.  Costs $15 for special events - spendy - but it's just across the park from the theater.

There was construction in downtown St. Paul - if you're heading down there soon - check on the construction and plan your travel time accordingly.  It took me about 15 minutes more than it normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment